Much of what a regular traditional veterinary practice would do, can be done at home
What we can do in your home
- Clinical examination and life-stage health audit
- Weight and body condition score assessment
- Blood sampling
- Urine sampling if the bladder is big enough (by cystocentesis)
- Blood pressure measurement
- Ophthalmoscopy (Eye examination)
- Otoscopy (Ear examination)
- Administration of flea and worming products
- Claw clipping
- Minor skin-level surgical procedures performed under injectable anaesthesia and oxygen; eg stitch-up of minor wounds, lance and flush abscess, skin biopsies, very small skin lump removals, mild enemas.
Vet2Cat has a portable ultrasound machine for use in your own home
- Basic echocardiography (ultrasound of the heart)
- Abdominal ultrasonography
- Pregnancy confirmation
The Vet2Cat team is highly qualified and well placed to provide the following:
- Behavioural assessment & advice
- Environmental assessment & advice
Nurse visits can be booked by prior arrangement
- Weight clinics
- Solensia injections for arthritis management
- Other chronic condition injections (eg B12)
- Claw clipping
- Ear cleaning
- De-matting & grooming
- Second vaccinations
- Blood pressure checks
- Senior Cat Quality of Life Assessment
For some of the listed procedures in some cats, sedation may be required. This is always in your cat’s best interests – if they are getting upset by what we do, it can be better to sedate them than manually restrain them. We will always select the safest form of sedation for your cat and will always consider any conditions they may have, such as kidney or heart disease. Oxygen can be provided, and your cat will be closely monitored throughout the procedure by our veterinary nurse.
What we cannot do at your home
There is a limit to what we can safely do in your house. If your cat requires any of the following procedures, we can arrange to collect and transport your cat to one of our associated practices. When it’s time to go home, we will bring them back to you.
- Surgical procedures other than the minor procedures listed above
- Hospitalisation for fluid therapy and/or supportive care
For certain procedures, Vet2Cat may recommend a different veterinary surgeon, either another general practitioner vet or a specialist. You will be guided through this process by the staff of Vet2Cat.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about our services.